Economics for CSEC® Examinations
Economics for CSEC® Examinations is a comprehensive text for Caribbean students. This new, full-colour text from Macmillan offers comprehensive coverage of the CSEC® Economics syllabus. It has been developed by a highly experienced Caribbean teacher, supported by a team of advisers from the Caribbean and the UK.
The book includes thorough explanations of Economic theory, real-life Caribbean examples based on students’ lives and experiences, In-Text Questions and examination practice questions at the end of each chapter. The material is presented in a variety of ways which is designed to engage students, keep them on task and improve learning.
- Provides full coverage of syllabus as shown in the list of objectives at the start of each chapter
- Concept maps at the start of each chapter to define the scope of the topic and to establish links within the topic
- Material is presented in a variety of ways – text, tables, diagrams and charts to accommodate students with different learning styles
- Includes different assessment methods – multiple choice questions, short answer questions and essay-type questions to prepare students for real examination conditions
- Provides extensive coverage of topics that students find challenging such as Elasticity, Cost Theory, Market Failure and Comparative Advantage Theory
- Includes up-to-date data on macroeconomics topics such as Balance of Payments, Inflation, Unemployment Economic Integration and Caribbean Economies
- Provides step-by-step guidance for the SBA component – how to choose a topic, formulating a topic statement and suggestions for SBAs. There is a sample SBA with tips and a section on how to earn marks in this component