Information Technology for CSEC® Examinations 3rd Edition
Designed to develop IT skills and knowledge relevant to the Caribbean and wider world in the 21st Century, IT for CSEC® Examinations 3rd edition focuses on helping students attain the best possible grade in their examinations while ensuring they are well equipped for further education and fulfilling careers in IT-related fields.
Chapters grouped into 3 clear sections to mirror the 3 examination profiles. To aid teaching, each chapter closely mapped to the order of the 2018 CSEC® IT syllabus.
Examples and activities reflect typical Caribbean contexts, incorporating technology and resources that students can access and afford.
Individual and group activities provide opportunities for active learning throughout the book.
Provides clearly sequenced activity-based learning, exposing students to the most up-to-date version of Microsoft Office programs, ensuring workplace flexibility and transferable skills.
Python and Pascal
Python and Pascal are demonstrated side by side, offering familiarity but also industry-leading practice needed for programming careers in the 21st Century.
‘In-text questions’ (ITQs) check student understanding throughout the text, whilst multiple choice, structured questions and specimen papers provide valuable exam practice.
SBA skills are integrated throughout using practical activities in the context of a recurring ‘real-world’case study. The SBA chapter with sample project then guides students to gain top marks.
- CSEC IT 3E Online Resources List
- Student Learning Journey Answers
- Student Learning Journey Questions
- Answers to end of chapter multiple choice
- Suggested Answers to end of Chapter Structured Questions
- Answers to Appendix A Practice Paper
- Installing the Python IDLE
- Pascal and Python Language Syntax Sheets
- QR Code Links List
- Extension Activity - the nested IF statement
- Extension Activity - the CASE statement
- Installing the Pascal Compiler
- Suggested Answers to Appendix B