Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2E Grade 4 Workbook
Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd edition offers a student-centred approach aligned directly to the National Standards Curriculum (NSC). By developing core 21st-Century skills, the course aims to nurture active, participatory citizens who are able to make informed and reasoned decisions in a culturally diverse society.
• Group activities develop the collaboration and communication skills required for active, confident and productive citizenship
• Case studies and fact boxes relate concepts to real world issues, ensuring a deeper understanding of the social sciences and Jamaican culture
• ICT objectives are incorporated into numerous activities, ensuring students are well-prepared for modern-day life and work
• Stimulus questions and activities enable formative assessment throughout the course
• Research tasks and extension activities encourage independent learning and develop critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• End of unit summaries and multiple choice questions provide regular opportunities for summative assessment, revision and exam practice