English Matters Student's Book 2
English Matters is a comprehensive four-level series for Caribbean students, which provides thorough preparation for lower secondary and CSEC® examinations.
Student’s Books 1-3 are supported by detailed Teacher’s Books with audio-CDs to develop listening and speaking skills. Workbooks provide additional practice of key points.
Books 1-3 (Grades 7-9 / Forms 1-3) adopt a lively approach and offer:
- Complete coverage of Caribbean English syllabi as shown in Scope and Sequence charts
- A contemporary approach including up-to-date texts on current issues and suggestions for using IT
- A focus on skill development leading to independent learning
- A lively task-based approach with lots of student activities
- A range of stimulating listening and speaking tasks and audio CDs with recordings made in different settings
- A wide selection of reading texts of manageable length, with comprehension questions at different levels
- Thorough coverage of grammar, including practice exercises at different levels and a reference section
- Step-by-step guidance on developing writing skills
- Consolidation exercises and extension material for students of different abilities
- Teacher’s Books providing support and fresh ideas for teachers