English Matters for Jamaica 2E Grade 9 Student's Book
English Matters for Jamaica is an integrated, four-level series that helps progress students seamlessly from lower to upper secondary in preparation for their CSEC examination. Fully revised for the National Standards Curriculum and in response to feedback from practising teachers, it has been written by a specialist in English language teaching and reviewed by expert teachers from Jamaica.
- A wide selection of Jamaican, Caribbean and international text with graded comprehension questions cater to different reading levels
- Student journal provides on-going practice of self-reflection and other skills needed for the Schools-Based Assessment (SBA)
- Research work, group activities and discussion provide meaningful social interactions and real-life contexts to develop key 21st century skills needed for further study and working life
- Step-by-step guidance on the writing process
- Audio components develop listening and oral skills
- ICT activities encourage use of appropriate digital tools to integrate technology into learning and practise sound digital citizenship
- Reference section, including sample compositions, glossary and grammar explanations, can be used as a revision guide
Grades 7-9 in this series are supported by corresponding workbooks and free online resources. Answers, audio and more can be found online.