Belize Primary Social Studies Standard 1 Teacher's Book: My Community
248 x 187mm
This is a new course written specially for the revised Belize Primary Social Studies curriculum and syllabus.
The course consists of a Student’s Book, Workbook and Teacher’s Book for each level from Infant 1 to Standard 6.
Important features of the course include:
- up-to-date and authentic information about Belize and the wider world
- a skills and activity-based approach to learning
- stimulating and varied text and illustration materials, including case studies, information boxes, tables,
maps, diagrams, charts, cartoons and photographs
- a wide variety of activities and stimulus questions, designed to encourage students to discuss and explore
topics for themselves as well as reinforcing concepts and skills introduced within the text
- opportunities for group work, class discussions, practical and creative activities, fieldwork and projects,
as well as individual exercises based on the text
- a rich mixture of ability levels and aptitudes catered for, with particular attention to the needs of learners
for whom English is not the first language, especially at the lower levels
The Standard 1 Teacher’s Book is divided into two sections:
- Section 1 contains information about using the course in the classroom and guidance in the teaching of Social
Studies. It offers a wide variety of teaching methods, an explanation of the curriculum, lesson planning and
- Section 2 gives detailed guidance through each Unit covered in the Student’s Book and Workbook, broken
down into manageable lessons.